Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Pieces of Me

Nearly twenty years ago
You took a part of me.
Up until a couple of years ago
The parts you’ve taken I didn’t really see.
Over the years
You’ve really picked me apart
You’ve taken precious blood from me
You’ve even taken pieces of my heart.
Now you’ve taken another slice
There doesn’t seem to be many pieces left.
No matter how hard I try to hold on
There’s just no way around death.
The rich, the poor
The old, the young
The sick and the healthy
Over their graves eventually a song will be sung.
Reminiscent of life
Nowadays I often ponder.
Through all that I have been through
What’s around the next corner I sometimes wonder.
But as surely as I live I know
An abrupt end of my life shall come one day.
Maybe then I’ll be able to gather all the missing pieces
By living my life the righteous way.

8-16-06
KCASR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counter