Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Dare to Change History?

Contemplating going back in time
To do it all over again.
Would you have the guts to do it?
The only stickler would be when.
I’d go back to high school
And work on my grades being even better.
I’d participate in all the sports
They’d give me a jacket with the big letter.
I would visit different colleges
And let them drool and fight over me.
Then off to play my favorite sport
Baseball at Clemson University.
I probably would have enrolled
In the ROTC program.
I still had a taste for the military
Baseball, apple pie, and Uncle Sam.
Afterwards a 5-year military commitment
Or being drafted by a major league team.
That’s about the time I’d wake up
And realize that this was all a dream.
Or would I consider this a nightmare
At stake, my kids and my new love?
Those things being considered
I wouldn’t do it even with help from above.
So reminiscing of changing history
Of your life dream or nightmare.
Depends on what’s at stake for you
If you could do it though, would you dare?

7-19-06
KCASR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counter