Monday, July 31, 2006

Lasting Friendships ( Inspired by Claudia G. )

The graduating class of '81
Fortunately most of us are still here.
We've all come quite a way in life
Some from afar, others from near.
Many of us have kids
Some of us, perhaps by choice, do not.
A few of us have various college degrees
Degrees of life's experiences we've all got.
Some of us look better now
Eerily, a few of us look the same.
Everybody here looks good to me
Alive and kickin' so I won't complain.
Most faces in the crowd haven't changed
Stoking the embers of memories that are embedded in my mind.
The days of traversing cherished hallways
Seems like yesterday and mostly consists of good times.
As I look into the eyes of each adult
The thing that stands out mostly for me
Is that when I look at each one of them
Deep down it's the kids inside that I really see.
So as we gather together from now on
To celebrate friendships of the past
Let us remember those who couldn't be here
Through thoughts and prayers may our friendships forever last.
As I see, if they've lasted this long
Another 25 years should be a snap.
Let's just try to keep in touch with each other
Regardless of where we may be on the world's map.

KCASR
7-29-06

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very cool.... Thanks for letting me have you site address....

2/8/06 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Counter